Thread Lifts by APTOS Methods
When we are young, and in our prime, the skin on our face is usually smooth and tight. As we age, sun exposure, gravity and daily grimaces show on our faces. The skin loses collagen and elastin, making it dry, thinner and less elastic. Deep creases form between the nose and mouth, the jawlines lose their contour and become jowly, and loose skin and folds appear on the neck. The facial profile suddenly becomes a bit blurred, no longer as sharp or defined as they once were.
Every year the demand for non-surgical aesthetic procedures that can remove the signs of aging increases. More and more men and women are looking for minimally invasive and low-risk procedures to slow down the aging process.
One can age gracefully and painlessly with a new non-surgical technique- APTOS THREAD LIFT. This revolutionary new method has won several awards in Europe, including the "Best Tightening Thread" and the "Best Clinical Face in Facial Defect Reconstruction".
An APTOS thread lift is a way to lift sagging tissue and tighten loose skin without undergoing an invasive surgical procedure. In an APTOS procedure, a specially trained doctor repositions and contours the sagging tissues of the face and neck, then place threads carefully in pre-determined areas to support the tissue and maintain the lift.
You immediately see a visible lifting effect followed by smooth and younger-looking skin over the next few weeks, achieved in under an hour, with local anaesthesia, requiring little downtime and without scarring.
The absorbable materials in APTOS threads will gradually dissolve in the body. They have the advantage of a long degradation time of up to 2 years and sufficient holding strength to suspend the tissue allowing enough time for the body to produce an adequate amount of collagen to take over the support and maintain the aesthetic result that gives the skin its softness and suppleness and elastin that provides elasticity and tightens the skin. After the threads dissolve, they leave behind a scaffold of new collagen and elastin to recondition the skin and slow the process of aging. Besides lifting, Aptos threads improve skin tone, texture, colour and hydration.
APTOS thread lifts can treat many areas, from smoothing horizontal and vertical forehead wrinkles to lifting the brow and outer eyebrow area and restoring volume to sagging cheeks. They can also smooth lines around the mouth, tighten sagging skin under the lower jaw, and lift and rejuvenate various body parts.
Advantages of Aptos Thread Lifting
- Double action: lifting and regeneration
- Minimally invasive procedure performed under the local anesthesia
- Takes less than an hour
- Immediately evident results
- Minimum of downtime
- New collagen type 1, type 3 and elastin growth and increased microcirculation
- Long lasting effect
The Aesthetic industry recognises the superiority of Aptos thread lifting results. They have been awarded Anti-Aging & Beauty trophies for “The Best Tightening Threads” in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and “Best Suspension Threads” in 2022. If you want the best, only choose Aptos threads. It is your body and your choice.
Aptos threads have a further advantage by having different systems and methods to enhance any part of your body. Not everyone is the same, so why would the methods available be the same?
Cost of Aptos Thread Lifting
There are up to 30 types of threads in the Aptos range and over 50 different application methods. The cost of thread correction or APTOS lifting depends on the kind of thread, the method used, and the number of planned manipulations. This is always calculated on an individual basis. Thus an Aptos-certified doctor must assess you to determine the correction zones and the intended scope of work, after which the final cost is formed.
Dr Ho is an Accredited trainer for the Aptos Thread Lifting methods who can develop a customised plan to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
It's vital to have a consultation before the procedure. The best candidates for thread lifting are aged 35 to 55 and have relatively good skin tone with a bit of sagging. However, surgery may be the best option if there is too much loose skin.
There is a wide range of Aptos threads available for various parts of the face and body.
Dr Ho offers a complimentary assessment for Aptos Thread Lift treatments.
Indications for Aptos thread lifting
- mild to moderate signs of ptosis of the skin
- loss of tissue volume
- development of fine lines and wrinkles
- sagging eyebrows
- a relaxed/sagging mid-facial appearance
- thinning of the lips
- the prominence of the jaw
- slight bags under the eyes or on the neck
- patients with some relapse from a previous procedure, such as a facelift or neck lift
- facial asymmetry
- skin dehydration
Contraindications for Aptos Thread Lifting
- Known allergy to plastic, biomaterial, and non-absorbable fillers
- Active acne or skin infection
- Keloid predisposition
- Auto-immune diseases: scleroderma, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis, etc.
- Anti-coagulant medication, e.g., Warfarin
- Uncontrolled Hypertension
- Severe diseases
- Collagenosis (collagen-vascular disease)
- Neurological and mental disorders
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Hepatitis B & C, HIV
- Transient pain, swelling, bruising & erythema of the treated area may occur.
- Asymmetry: Usually temporary, caused by swelling and will resolve itself in 2 weeks.
- Transient rippling, dimple formation and skin retraction
- Slight depression or skin irregularity
- Visible contouring of the thread
- Weakening of thread fixation
- Thread migration
- Material sensitivity/allergic reactions
- Sensory nerve injury (very rare)
- Deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles may be injured during the procedure and may be temporary or permanent (very rare)
Before the procedure
- No special preparation is required before the treatment.
- However, we recommend that you discuss your expectations and ask your doctor any questions you have before starting the treatment.
- Inform the doctor of any treatments you have received and medicines you are currently taking.
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines and dietary supplements such as Fish oil and vitamin E a week before and after the treatment.
- APTOS thread treatments usually take less than 1 hour under aseptic conditions.
- Most people can resume working 1-2 days after the procedure.
- The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia. Every patient has a different pain threshold, so let the doctor know if you experience discomfort during the procedure so he can administer more anaesthesia.
- It can be a little complicated for patients with multiple threads inserted, and there can be more discomfort.
- The treatment will be adapted to your preferences and can be combined with other aesthetic procedures.
Recommendations after treatment
- After the procedure, you can be swollen and bruised for up to 2 weeks, depending on the number of areas that have been treated. After 24 hours, you can usually apply camouflage makeup to hide any sign of pale bruising. In most cases, bruising and swelling are mild. However, it can take up to 10 days to resolve. Hirudoid cream or Arnica tablets can help with swelling and bruising.
- Sometimes, a slight depression or skin irregularities appear. These conveniences will subside within a few days after the procedure.
- The doctor may prescribe an antibiotic if there is a high risk of infection.
- Apply ice packs immediately after the procedure
- Take analgesics in case of pain for 2-3 days
- Refrain from applying makeup for a minimum of 24 hours
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows for about 3-5 nights
- Wash and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements for about two weeks
- Avoid face and neck massages for one month
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight, and do not use tanning beds for two weeks.
- Avoid sports and exercise for two weeks
- Do not use saunas for about three weeks
- Avoid dental surgery for three weeks
Entrusting your treatment to a highly skilled and experienced doctor is as vital as choosing the right product. Contact Sydney West Aesthetics at Merrylands, just next door to Parramatta, and arrange a complimentary assessment with Dr Hugo Ho to discuss your options for Thread lifting treatments today. Dr Ho is a Certified Aptos Trainer and an APTOS Brand Ambassador.
Dr Hugo Ho also practices Thread Lifting in Canberra. Please enquire with SydneyWest Aesthetics for a consultation.