Thread Lifting with APTOS Methods
The non-surgical facelift
When we are young, and in our prime, the skin on our face is usually smooth and tight. The jawline is sharply defined and the contour where the cheek and chin meet is smooth. Unfortunately, we eventually come to an age when the facial profile suddenly becomes a bit blurred, no longer as sharp or defined as they once were. The skin loses collagen and elastin, making it dry, thinner and less elastic. The loose skin gradually sags below your chin or jawline creating jowls. The cheeks start to sink into the face, the jawline becomes undefined and the neck begins to look wrinkled making us look older.
Every year the demand for non-surgical aesthetic procedures that can remove the signs of aging increases. More and more men and women are looking for ways to slow down the aging process.
An APTOS thread lift is a way to tighten and tighten loose skin without undergoing an invasive surgical procedure. APTOS thread lifts can deliver what is essentially a facelift, but without the invasive operation. It is a minimally invasive treatment that ensures tighter, younger-looking skin that will last for years. You immediately see a visible lifting effect and a natural improvement of the skin.
After a thread lift, an immediate lift is often noticeable, but what is even better is that the effects will continue to improve for weeks and months after that. The APTOS threads induce the formation of new collagen and elastin around the threads that restore your youthful skin quality.
Aptos Thread Lift treatments cannot stop the process of aging. From clinical experiences, the rejuvenation effect with absorbable threads generally lasts for 1½-2 years.
Thread lifts can be used to treat a number of different areas, from smoothing horizontal and vertical forehead wrinkles to lifting the brow and outer eyebrow area and restoring volume to sagging cheeks. They can also smooth lines around the mouth and tighten sagging skin under the lower jaw, lift and rejuvenate various parts of the body.
Advantages of Aptos Thread Lifting
- Double action: lifting and regeneration
- Minimally invasive procedure performed under the local anesthesia
- Takes about 40 minutes
- Immediately evident results
- Minimum of downtime
- New collagen growth and increased microcirculation
- Long-term effect
Cost of Aptos Thread Lifting
There are up to 30 different types of threads in the Aptos range and over 50 different methods of application. The cost of thread correction or APTOS lifting depends on the type of thread, the method used and the number of planned manipulations. This is always calculated on an individual basis. Thus it is essential that you are assessed by an Aptos-certified doctor to determine the correction zones and the planned scope of work, after which the final cost is formed.
Dr Ho is an Accredited trainer for the Aptos Thread Lifting methods, who can develop a customised plan to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
It's vital to have a consultation before the procedure. The best candidates for thread lifting are aged 35 to 55 and have relatively good skin tone with a little sagging. If there is too much loose skin then surgery may be the best option.
There is a wide range of Aptos threads available for various parts of the face and body.
Dr Ho offers a complimentary assessment for Aptos Thread Lift treatments.
Indications for Aptos thread lifting
- mild to moderate signs of ptosis of the skin
- loss of tissue volume
- development of fine lines and wrinkles
- sagging eyebrows
- a relaxed / sagging mid-facial appearance
- thinning of the lips
- prominence of the jaw
- slight bags under the eyes or on the neck
- patients with some relapse from a previous procedure such as a facelift or neck lift
- facial asymmetry
- skin dehydration
Contraindications for Aptos Thread Lifting
- Known allergy to plastic, biomaterial, non-absorbable fillers
- Active acne or skin infection
- Keloid predisposition
- Auto-immune diseases: scleroderma, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis, etc.
- Anti-coagulant medication e.g., Warfarin
- Uncontrolled Hypertension
- Severe diseases
- Collagenosis (collagen-vascular disease)
- Neurological and mental disorders
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Hepatitis B & C, HIV
- Transient pain, swelling, bruising & erythema of the treated area may occur.
- Asymmetry: Usually temporary caused by swelling and will resolve itself in 2 weeks.
- Transient rippling, dimple formation and skin retraction
- Slight depression or skin irregularity
- Visible contouring of the thread
- Weakening of thread fixation
- Thread migration
- Material sensitivity/allergic reactions
- Sensory nerve injury (very rare)
- Deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles may be injured during the procedure and may be temporary or permanent (very rare)
Before the procedure
- No special preparation is required prior to the treatment.
- However, we recommend that you discuss your expectations and ask your doctor any questions you have before starting the treatment.
- Inform the doctor of any treatments you have already received and of any medicines, you are currently taking.
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines and vitamin "E" a week before and after the treatment.
- Procedures with APTOS threads must be performed by a doctor who has undergone specific training.
- Applying APTOS threads takes around 40 minutes in a treatment room. Most people are able to resume work the 1-2 days after the procedure.
- The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia. However, every patient has a different pain threshold. Let the doctor know if you experience any discomfort during the procedure so he can administer more anaesthesia.
- For patients who have multiple threads inserted, it can be a little complicated. There can be more discomfort.
- The treatment will be adapted to your preferences and can be combined with other aesthetic procedures.
Recommendations after treatment
- After the procedure, you can be swollen and bruised for up to 2 weeks depending on the number of areas that have been treated. After 2 days, patients are usually able to apply camouflage make-up to hide any sign of pale bruising. In most cases, bruising and swelling is mild, however, it can take up to 10 days to resolve. Hirudoid cream or Arnica tablets can help with swelling and bruising
- Sometimes, a slight depression or skin irregularities appear. These inconveniences will subside within a few days after the procedure
- The doctor may prescribe an antibiotic if there is a high risk of infection
- Apply ice packs immediately after the procedure
- Take analgesics in case of pain for 2-3 days
- Refrain from applying make-up for a minimum of 24 hours
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows for about 3-5 nights
- Wash and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements for about 2 weeks
- Avoid face and neck massages for 1 month
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds for 2 weeks
- Avoid sports and exercise for 2 weeks
- Do not use saunas for about 3 weeks
- Avoid dental surgery for 3 weeks
Contact Sydney West Aesthetics at Merrylands, just next door to Parramatta, and arrange a free assessment with Dr. Hugo Ho to discuss your options for Thread lifting treatments today.
Dr. Hugo Ho also practices Thread Lifting in Canberra. Please enquire with SydneyWest Aesthetics for a consultation.